- Is Dietary Supplement Glucosamine related to Colorectal Cancer ( CRC)?
- KRAS inhibitors: Phase 2 clinical results positive for pancreatic and gastrointestinal cancers
- Incurable severe epilepsy incurable may be overcome by gene therapy
- Tumor cells ‘modify’ MUC1 glycosylation mediating immune escape
- High-dose vitamin D does not affect cardiovascular disease or cancer
- MIS-C is worrying even asymptomatic after children infected with COVID-19
Israel expert wants people to prepare for the fourth dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- Why does the sense of smell and taste fail after COVID-19 infection?
- Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine: less breakthrough infections and hospitalizations
- 19 milestone targets of human diseases in 2021
- Why does Israel start the fourth shot of COVID-19 vaccines?
- Celine Dion is paralyzed due to muscle cramps: What are Muscle Cramps?
- Six EU countries suspended Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for young people
- Taiwan death from COVID-19 vaccination exceeds death from COVID-19
- Scientists are Looking for people with “Natural Immunity” of COVID-19
- WHO chief scientist: Soumya Swaminathan may face death penalty charges?
Israel expert wants people to prepare for the fourth dose of COVID-19 vaccine. BNT COVID-19 vaccines can’t contain the fourth wave of the epidemic
The third shot of the vaccine has not yet been completed, Israeli experts have prepared the nation for the fourth shot
Israel is the first country in the world to promote the third dose of vaccination, but the number of confirmed cases in the country is still on the rise, setting a new high in recent days. Israeli health experts said to the outside world over the weekend that preparations for the fourth dose of vaccine should be prepared.
Israel has required all citizens to receive the third dose of vaccine. As of Friday, 2.5 million Israelis have completed the third dose of vaccination, accounting for nearly a quarter of the country’s 9.3 million population.
Israel’s COVID-19 virus commissioner Salman Sakar told the media over the weekend, “Given that the virus already exists and will continue to exist, we still need to prepare for the fourth shot.”
However, he did not specify the specific details of the fourth shot of vaccination. He said that in order to better fight against those new coronavirus mutations, such as Delta virus, the fourth injection plan may be modified.
Israel is the first country to officially provide the third dose of vaccine. It began to extend the third dose program to all people over 60 years of age on August 1. Subsequently, the government gradually lowered the age of those eligible for the third shot, and last week extended it to all people 12 years of age and older who had received the second shot at least 5 months ago.
According to data released by Israel in mid-August, the anti-epidemic effect of the third dose of vaccination is quite good. According to the data provided by the Israel Gertner Institute and the KI Institute, compared with the overall protection effect of 10 days after vaccination with two doses of the vaccine, the overall protection effect after 10 days of the booster injection for people aged 60 and over in Israel is 4 times higher; it can prevent severe illness Compared with hospitalized cases, the effect is 5 to 6 times better.
However, data from Johns Hopkins University shows that the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Israel has been rising recently and has hit a new high since the epidemic. On Friday, the number of confirmed cases reached 8,090, and the seven-day average reached 10,050. The number of confirmed cases reached a peak of 16,629 on September 1.
BNT COVID-19 vaccines can’t contain the fourth wave of the epidemic
The Israeli Ministry of Health reported in July that now two doses of Pfizer/BNT vaccine are only 39% effective against Delta virus; another study in this country also found impressively that the antibody concentration in the human body after the Pfizer/BNT vaccine was The rate of monthly decline decreased by 40%, and the antibodies in the recovered patients decreased at a rate of 4% per month.
Therefore, it is speculated that the rapid decline of the antibody concentration in the body is the main reason for the recurrence of the Israeli epidemic.
(source:internet, reference only)