- WHO: The 2022 recommended influenza strains in southern hemisphere
- New COVID-19 variant: ETA appeared in at least 82 countries and regions
- Tumor microenvironment and drug resistance in immunotherapy
- Can Probiotics prevent Alzheimer’s disease as regulator of brain function?
- The nano antibody from alpaca effectively against COVID-19 and variants
- COVID-19 can’t escape by the new method of virus detection: DNA sensor
China first mRNA COVID-19 vaccine may start production next month
- Science: Scientists have broken through CO₂ synthetic starch technology!
- Can you complete mRNA COVID-19 vaccination by eating vegetable salad?
- What COVID-19 vaccines does CDC accept if foreigners enter U.S.?
- WHO chief scientist: Soumya Swaminathan may face death penalty charges?
- Israel new drug for COVID-19: EXO-CD24 can reduce deaths by 50%
China first mRNA COVID-19 vaccine may start production next month.
The mRNA COVID-19 vaccine was jointly developed by China Academy of Military Medicine of the Academy of Military Sciences, Suzhou Aibo Biotechnology Co., Ltd. and Yunnan Watson Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Yuxi Watson Biotechnology Co., Ltd. is responsible for the construction of the base, and it is expected to produce 200 million doses of vaccine each year.
Recently, China’s first mRNA COVID-19 vaccine production workshop was completed and delivered in Yuxi, Yunnan province.
The mRNA COVID-19 vaccine was jointly developed by the Academy of Military Medicine of the Academy of Military Sciences, Suzhou Aibo Biotechnology Co., Ltd. and Yunnan Watson Biotechnology Co., Ltd. Yuxi Watson Biotechnology Co., Ltd. is responsible for the construction of the base. The total investment of this base is expected to be 520 million yuan. It can produce 200 million doses of vaccine each year and is China first mRNA COVID-19 vaccine industrialization base.
mRNA is a natural molecule that provides instructions to human cells, stimulates the body’s immunity to produce antigens, and fights the corresponding disease.
The mRNA gene encoding the S protein is directly injected into the human body, and the human cell is used to synthesize the S protein in the human body to stimulate the human body to produce antibodies.
In layman’s terms, it is equivalent to handing over a detailed virus file to the body’s immune system.
The mRNA vaccine is currently the vaccine with the highest protection rate (95%) in the results of Phase III clinical trials announced globally.
At the same time, its R&D technology threshold is high. At present, only a few mRNA vaccine varieties developed in the United States and Germany have entered the clinical research stage.
There are several reasons why China is fully promoting mRNA vaccines:.
1. Guarantee of vaccine supply.
The vaccine antigen target selection used in China is more precise, and the neutralizing antibody induced is highly specific.
2. Let the mRNA vaccine be produced in China.
China’s mRNA vaccine core raw materials and equipment have all been made locally, which means that once the production approval is obtained, the production capacity will be able to achieve rapid expansion to meet the supply.
3. It is easier to produce and store.
Chinese-produced mRNA uses a single prefilled injection form, which can be stored at room temperature for a week or at 4°C for a long time. The cold chain cost is low and it is easy to achieve large-scale population vaccination.
At present, in addition to the smooth progress in the development of mRNA vaccines, China’s recombinant vaccines based on traditional technologies are already in the forefront of the world.
According to statistics, up to now, 5 vaccine projects in China have entered phase III clinical trials, and vaccination has been initiated in more than ten countries, and there have been no reports of serious adverse reactions.
(source:internet, reference only)