- Maradona death: Medical team members will be tried for alleged murder
- Tuberculosis infection in Singapore: About 30% of the 574 people in the same community positive
- Swollen axillary lymph nodes associated with the COVID-19 vaccine last longer than initially reported
- How to relieve the fatigue symptoms of patients with Parkinson’s disease?
- Frontiers in Oncology: Mushroom extract can clear HPV infection
- Study estimates COVID-19 vaccine saved nearly 20 million lives last year
Endologix: Alto Abdominal Stent Graft System lauched in Canada and Argentina
Alto Abdominal Stent Graft System lauched in Canada and Argentina. The first implant in Canada was on May 4.
Following the recent approval of Health Canada, Endologix announced the first implantation of Alto abdominal stent grafts in Canada. Alto was recently approved for commercial sale in Argentina.
According to the company’s press release, the Alto Abdominal Stent System is the latest generation of polymer-based therapy for patients with abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA). The announcement shows that the system uses a low-profile delivery system. Unlike standard endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) devices, it has a unique compliant sealing ring that can be in situ according to the patient’s specific aortic neck anatomy forming.
Matt Thompson, Chief Medical Officer of Endologix, said: “We are very pleased to expand Alto’s global coverage. Alto is now sold in Europe, New Zealand, Canada, Argentina, and the United States.” “Alto meets unmet clinical needs and is AAA Patients provide highly differentiated endovascular treatment options and have the ability to treat the largest proportion of patients within the approved range of indications for use.”
The first implant in Canada was performed on May 4 by Ghislain Nourissat at Hôpital Saint-François-d’Assise in Quebec. Despite the adverse neck anatomy and narrow blood vessels, it is still in the approved indication range. Alto was used in this patient.
Nourissat said, “As an early adopter of polymer technology, I have seen how Alto’s customized sealing technology can provide precise sealing for different anatomical structures of patients. With this technology and low profile and short neck indications, I believe Alto has the potential to become an EVAR. Standards.”
(source:internet, reference only)