- Why are vegetarians more likely to suffer from depression than meat eaters?
- Small wireless device implanted between skin and skull helps kill cancer cells
- Will the mRNA vaccine that can cure cancer come out near soon?
- Allogeneic T-cell therapy set for landmark first approval
- Boston University denies that the new COVID strain they made has 80% fatality rate
- A new generation of virus-free CAR-T cell therapy
Canada-made COVID-19 vaccine waiting for approval from Health Canada
- First human trial of HIV gene therapy: A one-time cure will be achieved if successful!
- New breakthrough in CAR-T cell therapy: Lupus erythematosus patients achieved treatment-free remission for up to 17 months
- How long can the patient live after heart stent surgery?
- First time: Systemic multi-organ recovery after death
- Where do the bacteria in the human gut come from?
Canada-made COVID-19 vaccine waiting for approval from Health Canada.
In 2020, COVID-19 is ranked as the third leading cause of death in Canada and the number one cause of death in the United States.
As of today, nearly 29,000 people in Canada have died from the COVID-19.
In response to the epidemic, Canada has fully initiated vaccination. Starting at 3 a.m. on October 30, Canadians 12 years of age and older must complete two doses of COVID-19 vaccination before they can travel by plane, train, and ferry.
Novavax, which is headquartered in the United States and has a manufacturing plant in Canada, has officially submitted its vaccine application to Health Canada.
If approved, Canada will have a new COVID-19 vaccine on the market, and the production plant will be in Montreal, Canada.
The COVID-19 vaccine developed by Novavax is the first protein-based vaccine of its kind. The vaccine is manufactured using recombinant nanoparticulate technology from the first strain of SARS-Cov-2.
Novavax announced the vaccine test data conducted in the United States and Mexico in June 2021. A total of 30,000 people participated. It has 100% protection against moderate and severe new coronaviruses, with an overall effectiveness of 90.4%; while it was conducted in the United Kingdom. In the test, the vaccine’s effectiveness was 89.3%.
Novavax said in June that, subject to regulatory approval, it is expected to produce 150 million doses of vaccine per month by the end of the fourth quarter of 2021.
A spokesperson for the company said that Novavax recently received approval for the vaccine to be used in Indonesia and therefore submitted an application to Health Canada. The company has submitted an application for provisional approval to Australia on October 30.
On September 23, Novavax applied to the World Health Organization for an emergency listing, allowing the company to provide vaccines to middle- and low-income countries through COVAX.
There was news last week that the company will apply for approval from the US Food and Drug Administration this quarter.
According to reports, Canada’s first plant for the production of COVID-19 vaccines held an opening ceremony in Montreal in June this year. According to a press release issued by the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), the new plant is called “Biologics Manufacturing Centre.” , Located in the Royalmount area of Montreal. The construction phase of the project has been completed ahead of schedule. After the relevant approval procedures are completed, it is estimated that production will officially start in 2022.
It is not clear how Novavax’s vaccine will be used in Canada, and 84% of Canadians 12 years of age and older have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Like several other companies, the federal government reached an agreement with Novavax at the beginning of the pandemic, and Canada agreed to purchase 52 million doses at the beginning of this year.
(source:internet, reference only)