- Novavax COVID-19 vaccine gets emergency use authorization in US
- FDA Fast Track Designation = Immediate Surge in Stock Prices?
- France Resumes COVID-19 Vaccination Campaign
- Why did Early American Settlers stuggling with “Prairie Madness”?
- Largest Healthcare Group in the US Initiates Strike
- Targeting Sugar Molecules in Sugar-Immune Therapy
Canada-made COVID-19 vaccine waiting for approval from Health Canada
- Cardiovascular Diseases Linked to COVID-19 Infections
- FDA’s First Potential TIL Therapy Review Delayed: How to Understand FDA’s “Resource Constraints”?
- A Chinese Doctor Accused of Accepting Bribes Totaling US$166 Million
- Nuclear contaminated water: Japanese government paid bribes and corrected the IAEA report
- Top 20 Companies of Instruments and Medical Equipment In The World
- The first DMD gene therapy SRP-9001 may cost 4 million US dollars
- How long can the patient live after heart stent surgery?
Canada-made COVID-19 vaccine waiting for approval from Health Canada.
In 2020, COVID-19 is ranked as the third leading cause of death in Canada and the number one cause of death in the United States.
As of today, nearly 29,000 people in Canada have died from the COVID-19.
In response to the epidemic, Canada has fully initiated vaccination. Starting at 3 a.m. on October 30, Canadians 12 years of age and older must complete two doses of COVID-19 vaccination before they can travel by plane, train, and ferry.
Novavax, which is headquartered in the United States and has a manufacturing plant in Canada, has officially submitted its vaccine application to Health Canada.
If approved, Canada will have a new COVID-19 vaccine on the market, and the production plant will be in Montreal, Canada.
The COVID-19 vaccine developed by Novavax is the first protein-based vaccine of its kind. The vaccine is manufactured using recombinant nanoparticulate technology from the first strain of SARS-Cov-2.
Novavax announced the vaccine test data conducted in the United States and Mexico in June 2021. A total of 30,000 people participated. It has 100% protection against moderate and severe new coronaviruses, with an overall effectiveness of 90.4%; while it was conducted in the United Kingdom. In the test, the vaccine’s effectiveness was 89.3%.
Novavax said in June that, subject to regulatory approval, it is expected to produce 150 million doses of vaccine per month by the end of the fourth quarter of 2021.
A spokesperson for the company said that Novavax recently received approval for the vaccine to be used in Indonesia and therefore submitted an application to Health Canada. The company has submitted an application for provisional approval to Australia on October 30.
On September 23, Novavax applied to the World Health Organization for an emergency listing, allowing the company to provide vaccines to middle- and low-income countries through COVAX.
There was news last week that the company will apply for approval from the US Food and Drug Administration this quarter.
According to reports, Canada’s first plant for the production of COVID-19 vaccines held an opening ceremony in Montreal in June this year. According to a press release issued by the National Research Council of Canada (NRC), the new plant is called “Biologics Manufacturing Centre.” , Located in the Royalmount area of Montreal. The construction phase of the project has been completed ahead of schedule. After the relevant approval procedures are completed, it is estimated that production will officially start in 2022.
It is not clear how Novavax’s vaccine will be used in Canada, and 84% of Canadians 12 years of age and older have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Like several other companies, the federal government reached an agreement with Novavax at the beginning of the pandemic, and Canada agreed to purchase 52 million doses at the beginning of this year.
(source:internet, reference only)