- FDA delays approval of new Friedrich’s ataxia drug Omaveloxolone
- Can ADC drug effectively treat brain metastases from breast cancer?
- Could hypothyroidism lead to a surge in dementia risk?
- High-frequency aspirin use is associated with a 13% reduction in ovarian cancer risk
- Why don’t all obese people get type 2 diabetes?
- Toxic PFAS chemicals make rainwater unsafe to drink around the world
Can people with high blood pressure eat peanuts?
Can people with high blood pressure eat peanuts? Many people in life believe that certain foods directly lower blood pressure. High blood pressure, what you can eat and what you can’t eat are all the things that people with high blood pressure care about.
Does eating peanuts raise blood pressure or lower blood pressure?
In fact, many people in life believe that a certain food directly lowers blood pressure, but within a certain amount of food, it can only satisfy our hunger and desire for food. Even if the theory is that food has ingredients for curing diseases, it is a negligible dose. , The purpose of curing the disease is simply not achieved.
The purpose of a healthy diet is more to prevent diseases, rather than relying on food to treat diseases.
It can be seen from the nutritional analysis results of peanuts that it is indeed a highly nutritious food. Per 100 grams of peanuts, the calorie is 574kcal, protein 24.8g, fat 44.3g, dietary fiber 5.5g, carbohydrate 16.2g, vitamin E 18.1mg, vitamin B1 0.7mg, niacin 17.9mg, magnesium 178mg, potassium 587mg, phosphorus 324mg .
Peanuts have a high content of unsaturated fatty acids, and are rich in vitamin E and B vitamins, which are good for stable blood pressure. Vitamin E can soften blood vessels and promote cholesterol metabolism in the blood; and peanuts are also rich in resveratrol Alcohol and tannins, which are also very important substances to protect the cardiovascular system.
Peanuts are relatively healthy as an ingredient, but pay attention to the preparation method. Roasted peanuts, fried peanuts, salted peanuts, and sweet peanuts are not the best choices, and they lose more nutrients and are easy to adhere to a large amount of salt, sugar, and oil. Not conducive to blood pressure control.
Therefore, peanuts are not only more suitable for patients with high blood pressure, but also for those with diabetes, hyperlipidemia, and cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases.
At the same time, we need to send another message, people with high blood pressure should pay more attention:
1. Low-salt diet, high sodium is still considered one of the factors of high blood pressure, especially for the elderly with salt-sensitive hypertension, low-salt diet is beneficial to blood pressure control, and encourages high potassium diet, that is, fresh whole grain Vegetables and fruits, these foods are conducive to stable blood pressure, while low-fat, low-sugar and low-calorie diet.
2. Quit smoking and drinking, smoking and drinking are clearly factors that raise blood pressure, so for friends who smoke and drink, quitting smoking and drinking is a good way to lower blood pressure.
3. Exercise, exercise can effectively control blood pressure. For new-onset hypertension, some friends with first-level hypertension, after physical exercise, or scientific weight loss, blood pressure can return to normal.
4. A good mood, to a certain extent, unhappy mood, low mood, and no sense of social identity will often cause blood pressure fluctuations. Therefore, maintaining a good attitude is conducive to stable blood pressure.
5. Regular work and rest, the irregularities of modern life, upside down, night and day upside down is also a factor that causes blood pressure to rise, so regular work and rest will help blood pressure return to normal.
A healthy diet is definitely beneficial to the prevention and treatment of high blood pressure, but the high blood pressure diet is more of an attitude, rather than specific foods that can be eaten, and what foods should not be eaten. The general principle is low salt, low fat, and low sugar;
(source:internet, reference only)