- Why are vegetarians more likely to suffer from depression than meat eaters?
- Small wireless device implanted between skin and skull helps kill cancer cells
- Will the mRNA vaccine that can cure cancer come out near soon?
- Allogeneic T-cell therapy set for landmark first approval
- Boston University denies that the new COVID strain they made has 80% fatality rate
- A new generation of virus-free CAR-T cell therapy
Why do people need to monitor blood pressure in early morning?
Why do people need to monitor blood pressure in early morning? What’s the harm?
What is early morning high blood pressure? Is there any harm in early morning high blood pressure?
Many people think that it is enough to measure blood pressure once during the day, but in fact, the most dangerous time for blood pressure is in the early morning! What is early morning high blood pressure? Is there any harm in early morning high blood pressure?
1. What is early morning high blood pressure？
Early morning blood pressure refers to the blood pressure value measured at the following time:
●Home blood pressure measurement results within 1 hour after waking up in the morning, before taking medication, and before breakfast;
●Ambulatory blood pressure record the blood pressure 2 hours after getting up;
●Wake up in the morning, blood pressure between 6:00～10:00.
At this time, if the average family blood pressure measurement is ≥135/85mmHg and/or the office measurement blood pressure is ≥140/90mmHg, it can be diagnosed as early morning hypertension.
2. why there is early morning high blood pressure?
Human blood pressure changes show a certain pattern, that is, “two peaks and one valley”. Between 6:00 and 10:00 in the morning, blood pressure will rise significantly, there will be a peak, and then it will drop.
It is normal for human blood pressure to fluctuate within a certain range. If there is early morning high blood pressure, it may be related to the following factors:
▶ Poor blood pressure management
▶ Too much sodium intake
▶ Smoking and drinking
▶ Metabolic syndrome such as diabetes
3. What is the harm of early morning high blood pressure?
Early morning is a time of high incidence of diseases such as sudden death, myocardial infarction and stroke. Early morning hypertension is an important risk factor for the high incidence of cardiovascular and cerebrovascular events.
Elevated blood pressure in the morning can also cause serious damage to the heart, brain, kidneys and blood vessels, and cause cardiovascular and cerebrovascular complications. Therefore, it is particularly important to recognize and manage early morning high blood pressure.
4. what to pay attention to when managing blood pressure in the morning
- Get up slowly. Middle-aged and elderly people should pay attention not to get up suddenly after waking up in the morning. They can lie still for 5 minutes and then get up slowly.
- Monitor blood pressure. Regular follow-up and monitoring of blood pressure, especially blood pressure value in the early morning, to achieve early detection, early diagnosis, and early treatment.
- Avoid morning exercises. It is not advisable to exercise vigorously after getting up early in the morning. It is recommended to schedule the exercise time in the afternoon or evening.
- Control incentives. Actively control risk factors such as obesity, high-salt diet, smoking and drinking, and prevent the occurrence of early morning hypertension.
(source:internet, reference only)