- Scientists are trying to get mosquitoes to deliver vaccines to humans
- Why are children born with “test tube babies” more prone to cancer?
- Japan purchased 120 million doses of AZ vaccine with only about 200K doses
- First fungal biome atlas reveals link to cancer
- Genetic signature that explains racial differences in prostate cancer severity
- High blood pressure may accelerate bone aging
Pfizer: Hyperimmune Response in Children 5 to 11 Years Old After COVID-19 Booster vaccine
- New breakthrough in CAR-T cell therapy: Lupus erythematosus patients achieved treatment-free remission for up to 17 months
- Is the new COVID Omicron variant BA.4.6 more contagious?
- How long can the patient live after heart stent surgery?
- First time: Systemic multi-organ recovery after death
- Where do the bacteria in the human gut come from?
Pfizer: Hyperimmune Response in Children 5 to 11 Years Old After COVID-19 Booster vaccine.
U.S. drugmakers Pfizer and BioNTech released clinical trial data on Thursday (April 14) that showed that children between the ages of 5 and 11 had a 36-fold increase in antibodies against the mutant strain of Omicron after receiving a booster dose of the coronavirus vaccine. (Reuters file photo)
Pfizer and BioNTech released clinical trial data on Thursday (April 14) showing that children between the ages of 5 and 11 received a booster dose of the coronavirus vaccine, antibodies against the mutant strain of Omicron increased 36 times.
According to a joint statement, the two companies plan to submit the data to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for emergency use authorization in the next few days. At the same time, there are also plans to submit applications for authorization to other regulators around the world.
The data “strengthen the potential ability of the third dose to maintain high protection against Covid-19 in this age group,” the statement said.
According to reports, in the clinical trial, 140 children between the ages of 5 and 11 received a booster dose of 10 micrograms half a year after the second dose of the coronavirus vaccine. One month after the booster dose, they had six times more antibodies against the original coronavirus strain than one month after the second dose.
The researchers also found that 30 children who received the booster had a 36-fold increase in neutralizing antibodies against the Omicron strain.
It also highlighted that people have responded well to the supplement and that no new safety concerns have been identified.
Pfizer: ‘Hyperimmune Response’ in Children 5 to 11 Years Old After COVID-19 Booster vaccine
(source:internet, reference only)