- Swollen axillary lymph nodes associated with the COVID-19 vaccine last longer than initially reported
- How to relieve the fatigue symptoms of patients with Parkinson’s disease?
- Frontiers in Oncology: Mushroom extract can clear HPV infection
- Study estimates COVID-19 vaccine saved nearly 20 million lives last year
- Pfizer invests nearly US$100 million in Valneva to accelerate Lyme disease vaccine
- Cancer cells can metastasize faster while patients are sleeping
Coronavirus can survive weeks to months in low temperature
Coronavirus can survive weeks to months in low temperature. Many imported frozen food was tested positive on COVID-19 in Chinese cities like Jiaozhou, Shandong, Chengdu, Sichuan, Manzhouli, Inner Mongolia, Dongning, Heilongjiang, Suifenhe, Heilongjiang, Turpan, Xinjiang, there were local cases and asymptomatic infections in 13 days and 6 places, and cold chain food packaging was positive in many places.
where did theese cases or infections come from?
Wu Zunyou, chief epidemiologist at the China Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said that the survival time of the new coronavirus in a frozen environment depends on the amount of pollution and the temperature. Generally speaking, in the case of minus 1-10 degrees Celsius, the COVID-19 virus can survive for several weeks to several months.
With the advent of winter, the temperature drops, the number of overseas patients increases, the proportion of contaminated items is increasing, and the survival time of the virus is prolonging, so he proportion of positive tests found in the country is increasing. Although the disinfection treatment is carried out at the customs border, it has encountered new challenges.
Under low temperature conditions, the disinfection effect of conventional disinfectants is significantly weakened or fails to function. Related experts are studying how to achieve the disinfection effect in a low temperature environment. According to the research progress of disinfection experts, a breakthrough may occur in the next 1-2 months