- What are the symptoms of being infected with Omicron variant?
- The sleep signal from the body is actually an “alert” of brain DNA damage
- Single people are more susceptible to cancer and with higher death rate
- Omicron: Japan will close the door to businessman and international students
- Omicron variants will greatly reduce the effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines?
- COVID-19 Omicron variant is really more terrible than Delta variant?
Colorectal cancer: 6 types of people are not suitable for colonoscopy
Colorectal cancer: 6 types of people are not suitable for colonoscopy. Colorectal cancer is diagnosed mostly in the advanced stage! Colonoscopy can detect early clues, and six types of people cannot do it temporarily.
Whether colonoscopy screening can be carried out depends on the actual situation of the patient.
Physical examinations are conducted every year, and anti-cancer screenings are also done. Why is it that the diagnosis of colorectal cancer is at an advanced stage?
This is something that many patients don’t understand. They do routine blood tests, CT or color Doppler ultrasound examinations every year, and obviously no problems are found. However, symptoms such as blood in the stool and abdominal pain have appeared in the recent period. When I went to the doctor for examination, it was found that the colorectal cancer had already advanced to the advanced stage, with extensive systemic infiltration and metastasis, and the prognosis effect was greatly reduced!
The reason for this is that you missed a screening method specifically for colorectal cancer, which is: colonoscopy!
You know, the intestine is a hollow organ, and in the early stage after intestinal cancer, it may be that only a small part of the mucosa has been eroded or the color has changed. It is difficult to find the problem through ordinary imaging examinations.
But colonoscopy is completely different. It uses the patient’s anus to soften and deliver a fiber with a camera and a length of about 140cm into the intestine;
Next, the camera will detect the situation in the intestines in a comprehensive, 360°, no dead angle, and reflect it on the external electronic screen. Once the doctor finds an abnormality during the examination, he will take the tissue for biopsy.
As far as the current clinical medical technology for colorectal cancer screening is concerned, colonoscopy is the one with the highest accuracy, and it can find about 99% of the bowel cancer lesions!
Not only that, other intestinal diseases can also be screened out through colonoscopy, including intestinal inflammation (ulcerative, chronic inflammation), intestinal polyps, Crohn’s disease, colon and rectal cancer, etc.!
However, although colonoscopy has many advantages, it is not suitable for everyone!
The following types of people are not suitable for colonoscopy screening:
1. The patient has acute enteritis, radiation enteritis, or severe ischemic disease. In this case, colonoscopy screening should be avoided. Because under the stimulation of intestinal inflammation, the mucosa itself has problems such as edema or congestion, the intestinal wall tissue becomes relatively weak, and the compliance is not good. During the colonoscopy, the patient will not only feel pain, but also easily Intestinal perforation occurs;
2. If the woman is in menstruation or pregnancy, it is not suitable for colonoscopy screening in this case. Because women’s body resistance during menstruation and pregnancy is relatively poor, colonoscopy may increase the risk of infection, such as:
Menstrual women are prone to gynecological diseases; pregnant women may have an impact on the fetus during colonoscopy, especially during ordinary colonoscopy;
3. Patients with cardiopulmonary insufficiency, people who are too old, people with extremely weak health, and patients with cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases are not suitable for ordinary colonoscopy screening, which is prone to examination intolerance problems, which may cause cardiopulmonary insufficiency. Function operation affects;
4. Affected by the disease, patients with extensive adhesions in the abdominal cavity and excessive narrowing of the intestinal cavity caused by cancer are not suitable for colonoscopy screening. If the inspection is performed forcibly, it is likely to cause tearing of the adhesion belt, damage to the mesangium or intestinal wall;
5. Patients who have perianal abscesses, anal fissures, etc., or have purulent inflammation in the anus or rectum, can not undergo colonoscopy, so as not to aggravate or cause anal fissures, causing severe pain;
6. If the patient has respiratory obstruction, acute respiratory infection, sputum and other problems, it is generally necessary to wait until the symptoms are completely relieved before undergoing colonoscopy screening, otherwise the risk of suffocation may easily occur during the examination.
Generally speaking, whether colonoscopy screening can be performed depends on the actual situation of the patient. Nowadays, clinical colonoscopy screening is mainly divided into two types: painless and ordinary.
The biggest difference between the two is that the former does not feel pain and can be completed without any feeling. As for which one the patient needs to choose, he should follow the doctor’s advice to avoid accidents during the examination.
(source:internet, reference only)