- Cell: It is difficult for fat people to lose weight through exercise!
- Nature Communications: De novo mutations may affect male fertility
- COVID-19 Omicron variant first originated in New York?
- AstraZeneca Imfinzi: Reduce the risk of death of Biliary Tract Cancer by 20%
- TLRs agonists: innate immunity to the forefront of immunotherapy?
- Prospects of CRISPR/Cas9 in Alzheimer’s Disease
CDC Emmergency Meeting for 226 myocarditis/pericarditis in young people
- Why does the sense of smell and taste fail after COVID-19 infection?
- Moderna’s COVID-19 mRNA vaccine leads to less breakthrough infections and hospitalizations
- 19 milestone targets of human diseases in 2021
- Celine Dion is paralyzed due to muscle cramps: What are Muscle Cramps?
- Six EU countries suspended Moderna COVID-19 vaccine for young people
- Taiwan death from COVID-19 vaccination exceeds death from COVID-19
- Scientists are Looking for people with “Natural Immunity” of COVID-19
- WHO chief scientist: Soumya Swaminathan may face death penalty charges?
CDC Emmergency Meeting for 226 myocarditis/pericarditis in young people.
CDC in the United States has confirmed 226 cases of myocarditis/pericarditis in young people who received mRNA vaccines. An emergency meeting will be called next week; will it be induced by Pfizer vaccine alone?
On June 1, 2021, the News section of Science magazine compiled reports from the drug inspection agencies of Israel, the United States and the European Union, showing that the risk of myocarditis in young people increased by 5-25 times after the mRNA COVID-19 vaccination.
First report: Young people have a 5-25 times higher risk of myocarditis after being vaccinated with mRNA COVID-19 vaccine
Like many friends, we are also paying close attention to the problem of myocarditis after mRNA vaccination.
Let me first talk about the overall feeling: the incidence of myocarditis after mRNA vaccination is much higher than expected, but most of the symptoms are mild, and they recovered and discharged within 1 week.
Today continues to report the latest developments, mainly including three pieces of information:
1. The CDC in the United States has confirmed 226 cases of myocarditis/pericarditis in young people under the age of 30 who received mRNA vaccines.
2. The US CDC has arranged an emergency meeting on June 18 to discuss the issue of myocarditis/pericarditis after mRNA vaccination.
3. Moderna said today that its mRNA COVID-19 vaccine is not associated with myocarditis/pericarditis.
This Thursday (June 10), the US CDC stated that after the COVID-19 vaccine, the number of reported heart inflammation cases was higher than usual, especially for young men after the second dose of mRNA vaccine.
The CDC has confirmed 226 cases of myocarditis or pericarditis after vaccination in people under the age of 30. Normally, the expected cases of this age group are 10-102.
CDC has information on 220 of these patients, and more than 80% of the patients recovered. However, 41 cases still have symptoms, 15 people are still hospitalized, and 3 cases are in the intensive care unit.
Children with myocarditis usually need to go to a cardiology specialist for follow-up at 6 months to further check heart function and other problems.
Although no serious cases of myocarditis/pericarditis have been found so far, the incidence rate that is significantly higher than normal deserves further review.
CDC will convene an “emergency meeting” of the Immunization Practice Advisory Committee on June 18 to further study these cases and assess the risk of myocarditis after vaccination.
But until a clear link is established, the health department still recommends that everyone 12 years of age and older be vaccinated against COVID-19.
In this regard, Moderna also stated on June 10 that it has submitted an application to the US FDA for its mRNA vaccine to be vaccinated in children aged 12-17.
However, according to a Bloomberg report, Moderna said that based on a review of safety data, there is no “causal relationship” between its COVID-19 vaccine and cases of myocarditis or pericarditis.
Although Moderna’s mRNA vaccine has been vaccinated for adults 18 years of age and older, the current vaccine for American teenagers is mainly Pfizer vaccine.
On April 19, 2021, the United States began to vaccinate children over the age of 16 with Pfizer/BioNTech’s mRNA COVID-19 vaccine. The earliest time for the second dose is May 10.
The first dose of Pfizer mRNA vaccine for children 12-15 years old started on May 10, and the earliest time for the second dose to start was May 31.
In any case, for teenagers who have received mRNA vaccine, even if they only receive one dose, they must be closely observed after vaccination, especially for symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, etc., and seek medical treatment if they feel unwell.
It is recommended to pay attention to the official documents that have been clear:
On May 28, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published on its official website the clinical recommendations for post-mRNA vaccination myocarditis and the temporary recommendations of the Immunization Practice Advisory Committee.
(source:internet, reference only)