- Nearly 5000 pregnant women are infected with COVID-19
- Powell dies due to COVID-19 Also suffered Multiple Myeloma
- Hundreds millions of Nike shoes could not be delivered due to COVID-19
- How long is the protection period of COVID-19 vaccines?
- What are the differences between the current COVID-19 vaccines?
- Will EMT become the new target for the treatment of colorectal cancer?
- The Lancet: Premature vaccination of COVID-19 booster shots may be risky
- Israel new drug for COVID-19: EXO-CD24 can reduce deaths by 50%
- WHO chief scientist: Soumya Swaminathan may face death penalty charges?
- Breakthrough infection of Delta: No difference from regular COVID-19 cases
- French research: ADE occurred in Delta variant and many doubts on it
- The viral load of Delta variant is 1260 times the original COVID-19 strain
Over half of the hospitalized cases in Israel are COVID-19 breakthrough infections; in-depth articles explore countermeasures and induce a wide range of highly effective neutralizing antibodies!
The new coronavirus has spread across the world again with the Delta mutant strain, and has caused “breakthrough infections” no longer uncommon. On August 15, the number of COVID-19 patients hospitalized in Israel due to severe illness reached 514, and 59% of them have been fully vaccinated. vaccine. (Note: 68% of people in Israel are fully vaccinated, see the second tweet today for details)
This ratio shocked scientists. It is very necessary to find a broad-spectrum and efficient pan-coronavirus.
On August 18, 2021, the Wang Linfa project team, Director of the Institute of Emerging Infectious Diseases at the Duke-National University of Singapore School of Medicine, published a blockbuster article in the New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) that attracted a lot of attention.
This study found that after SARS survivors received the BNT162b2 vaccination in 2003, they produced SARS-CoV-2 Alpha, Beta, Delta mutant strains and SARS-CoV, as well as three bat coronaviruses RaTG13, SHC014 and WIV1. There are broad-spectrum neutralizing antibodies against two pangolin coronaviruses, GD-1 and GX-P5L, and the serum neutralizing activity is very significant.
This study is a well-deserved blockbuster study, because SARS-CoV is close to WIV1, and SARS-CoV-2 is close to RaTG13 and pangolin coronavirus. Therefore, after previous SARS-CoV infection and SARS-CoV-2 vaccination, it can be seen These patients have developed ultra-broad-spectrum neutralizing antibodies against a variety of coronaviruses, which provides important inspiration for the development of pan-coronavirus vaccines to prevent the cross-species transmission of new coronaviruses. This is also the content of my current research.
This is the end of the interpretation of this issue, and I hope to inspire you; if you need to read the full text of this paper, you can reply to “20210819” to get it.
Over half hospitalized cases in Israel are COVID-19 breakthrough infections
(source:internet, reference only)