- WHO: The 2022 recommended influenza strains in southern hemisphere
- New COVID-19 variant: ETA appeared in at least 82 countries and regions
- Tumor microenvironment and drug resistance in immunotherapy
- Can Probiotics prevent Alzheimer’s disease as regulator of brain function?
- The nano antibody from alpaca effectively against COVID-19 and variants
- COVID-19 can’t escape by the new method of virus detection: DNA sensor
- The Lancet: Premature vaccination of COVID-19 booster shots may be risky
- Israel new drug for COVID-19: EXO-CD24 can reduce deaths by 50%
- WHO chief scientist: Soumya Swaminathan may face death penalty charges?
- Breakthrough infection of Delta: No difference from regular COVID-19 cases
- French research: ADE occurred in Delta variant and many doubts on it
- The viral load of Delta variant is 1260 times the original COVID-19 strain
Israel: Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine only 39% effective against Delta variant. Pfizer vaccine’s protection against COVID-19 Delta infection is reduced to 39%.
Delta mutant strains have been detected in 78 countries around the world, and have quickly become the mainstream virus in many countries.
(Distribution of Delta mutant strains, source: Wikipedia)
Affected by the Delta mutant strain, even Israel, which had already controlled the new coronavirus through vaccination, was once again broken through.
On July 23, 2021, CNBC reported the latest results reported by the Israeli Ministry of Health, which is extremely worrying.
The Israeli report shows that Pfizer/BioNTech’s mRNA vaccine has only 39% protection against COVID-19 in Israel.
At the same time, data from Israel also show that the Pfizer mRNA vaccine has 88% protection against hospitalization of patients infected with COVID-19 and 91% protection against the development of critical illness.
According to the latest information from DataWorld, the Delta mutant strain has accounted for 87% of all infections in Israel.
In this regard, the Chief Scientist of the White House, Dr. Fauci, said that fully vaccinated people may also need to consider wearing a mask indoors to prevent the rapid spread of the Delta mutant strain in the United States.
The Delta mutant strain has now become the biggest obstacle to the global control of the epidemic. According to the results of the Guangdong Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention, the viral load of the infected person with the Delta mutant strain is 1,260 times that of the original strain. Such a high viral load makes the infected person It is easy to become a super spreader, thereby accelerating the spread of the virus.
The sharp decline in the protection of the Delta mutant strain against COVID-19 also prompted Pfizer to recommend intensive vaccination, but the US CDC and FDA said that this recommendation does not need to be considered for the time being; but for susceptible people such as the elderly, the UK has already started Strengthen vaccination.
(source:internet, reference only)