- Why are vegetarians more likely to suffer from depression than meat eaters?
- Small wireless device implanted between skin and skull helps kill cancer cells
- Will the mRNA vaccine that can cure cancer come out near soon?
- Allogeneic T-cell therapy set for landmark first approval
- Boston University denies that the new COVID strain they made has 80% fatality rate
- A new generation of virus-free CAR-T cell therapy
FDA: Cough medicine boiled chicken unsafe
- First human trial of HIV gene therapy: A one-time cure will be achieved if successful!
- New breakthrough in CAR-T cell therapy: Lupus erythematosus patients achieved treatment-free remission for up to 17 months
- How long can the patient live after heart stent surgery?
- First time: Systemic multi-organ recovery after death
- Where do the bacteria in the human gut come from?
FDA: Cough medicine boiled chicken unsafe.
Some recent TikTok short videos have launched a “sleepy chicken” challenge, asking people to cook chicken with cough syrup or other over-the-counter cough and cold medicines.
The FDA notes that boiled drugs become more concentrated and their properties change.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is reminding netizens not to use cough syrup to cook chicken, saying it is not only stupid and delicious, but also very unsafe.
In a Sept. 15 notice, the FDA noted that some recent TikTok videos launched a “sleepy chicken” challenge asking people to cook chicken with the cough syrup NyQuil or other similar over-the-counter cough and cold medicines. .
The FDA notes that boiled drugs become more concentrated and their properties change, “even if you don’t eat chicken, inhaling drug vapors while cooking can cause a lot of the drug to enter your body. It can also damage your lungs.”
This isn’t the first time the FDA has warned against social media challenges with over-the-counter drug use.
In September 2020, the FDA issued a similar warning when multiple teens were admitted to emergency rooms or died after participating in the “Benadryl challenge” launched on TikTok. Benadryl is an antihistamine, mainly used to treat allergies.
(source:internet, reference only)