- Global Surge in Mycoplasma Pneumoniae Infections Sparks Expert Warnings
- Discovery of New Targets for Treating Cancer and Age-Related Diseases
- Why Blood Sugar Levels Increase in Winter?
- Zepbound: Eli Lilly new weight-loss drug 20% cheaper than Wegovy
- US$300K: Compensation Granted as Woman Dies Following COVID-19 Vaccination
- Gut Bacteria Enhance Cancer Immunotherapy: Study Reveals Potential Role of Lactobacillus reuteri
Can probiotics eliminate Helicobacter pylori?
Can probiotics eliminate Helicobacter pylori? Just eat probiotics to eliminate Helicobacter pylori? Not so simply!
01 Probiotics can reduce gastrointestinal discomfort
To kill Helicobacter pylori, you need to take 3 combinations (2 kinds of antibacterial drugs + 1 stomach medicine) or 4 combinations (2 kinds of antibiotics + 2 stomach medicines); to kill Helicobacter pylori, you need to take these medicines for 10 to 14 days.
Although you can choose some antibacterial drugs that are less irritating to the gastrointestinal tract, 10-14 days of irritation is inevitable.
If your gastrointestinal tract is particularly fragile, you may not give up treatment for so long. Probiotics can reduce gastrointestinal discomfort during medication, especially the occurrence of diarrhea.
Therefore, probiotics can reduce the gastrointestinal irritation of antibacterial drugs, allowing you to pass this period more smoothly!
So, what is it useful for Helicobacter pylori?
02 Probiotics can inhibit the growth of bacteria
Scientists have discovered that some probiotics can inhibit the growth of Helicobacter pylori, reasons may be:
- 1. Produce something that inhibits the growth of bacteria;
2. Compete for position with Helicobacter pylori;
3. Enhance our ability to resist bacteria.
It can only inhibit the growth of bacteria, and cannot directly kill bacteria alone. But why sometimes I take probiotics and the results become negative?
Because it can inhibit the growth of bacteria, it may be the same as a proton pump inhibitor. will give false negative results (not detectable). In fact, the bacteria in your body have not been killed! ! !
Therefore, probiotics can indeed inhibit the growth of bacteria, but they cannot sterilize. The sterilization still depends on the 3-unit or 4-unit therapy.
So, can probiotics improve the sterilization effect?
03 Probiotics can help sterilization
Taking probiotics alone cannot kill Helicobacter pylori. When taking medicine for sterilization, does taking probiotics help?
The answer is: it is possible.
Scientists have found that when taking medicine for sterilization, taking probiotics may improve the sterilization effect; After taking medicine for sterilization, taking probiotics may reduce repeated infections.
Why is it possible?
Because, so far, what kind of probiotics are useful, when is it useful, and how long is it useful…
There are no definite answers to these questions. Maybe, this kind of probiotic is useful for you but not useful for others. Therefore, there is no probiotic, which can be used by everyone!
- 1. Probiotics can reduce gastrointestinal discomfort during medication;
- 2. Probiotics can be inhibited, but cannot be sterilized directly;
- 3. Probiotics can help sterilization, but it varies from person to person.
(source:internet, reference only)