- Why are vegetarians more likely to suffer from depression than meat eaters?
- Small wireless device implanted between skin and skull helps kill cancer cells
- Will the mRNA vaccine that can cure cancer come out near soon?
- Allogeneic T-cell therapy set for landmark first approval
- Boston University denies that the new COVID strain they made has 80% fatality rate
- A new generation of virus-free CAR-T cell therapy
Amoxicillin is a panacea? Be vigilant, taking indiscriminately can cause death!
Amoxicillin: Taking it indiscriminately may cause death! As long as many people have a fever or inflammation, the first reaction is to take some anti-inflammatory drugs. One of the common anti-inflammatory drugs is amoxicillin.
Amoxicillin should be a more commonly used “anti-inflammatory drug” (more professionally called antibacterial drugs or antibiotics). Although amoxicillin is a commonly used medicine, it does not necessarily know the basics of it.
This hurts the liver and stomach, and also produces drug resistance. Should amoxicillin be eaten or not? How should anti-inflammatory drugs be taken? Today we will take a look at the system!
What is Amoxicillin?
Amoxicillin can be said to be the most classic and most successful antibiotic. If penicillin is the pioneer in the creation of β-lactam antibiotics, Amoxicillin is definitely a milestone important drug. It is not only the most widely used. Semi-synthetic penicillin is also one of the broadest antibacterial spectrum of penicillin drugs.
The first-generation penicillin antibiotics can almost only target the cocci and a few bacilli in the many Galanz-positive bacteria among the many bacteria among the many pathogens. Amoxicillin not only has a good effect on cocci, but also has a good effect on many bacilli. The antibacterial effect greatly expands the antibacterial spectrum of penicillin antibiotics.
Amoxicillin is suitable for the following infectious diseases:
Amoxicillin is suitable for the following infections caused by sensitive bacteria (strains that do not produce β-lactamase):
(1) Upper respiratory tract infections such as otitis media, sinusitis, pharyngitis, tonsillitis, etc. caused by Streptococcus hemolyticus, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Staphylococcus or Haemophilus influenzae;
(2) Urogenital infections caused by Escherichia coli, Proteus mirabilis or Enterococcus faecalis;
(3) Skin and soft tissue infections caused by Streptococcus hemolyticus, Staphylococcus or Escherichia coli;
(4) Acute bronchitis, pneumonia and other lower respiratory tract infections caused by Streptococcus hemolyticus, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Staphylococcus or Haemophilus influenzae;
(5) Acute simple gonorrhea;
(6) It can be used to treat typhoid fever, other Salmonella infections, typhoid carriers and leptospirosis; Amoxicillin can also be combined with clarithromycin and lansoprazole to eradicate Helicobacter pylori in the stomach and duodenum, and reduce Recurrence rate of peptic ulcer.
It can be seen that the scope of anti-infection of amoxicillin includes upper and lower respiratory tract, urinary tract and abdominal organs, and it can have good effect on various cocci and most bacilli.
In addition to the broad antibacterial spectrum and good bactericidal effect, amoxicillin can be used so widely, but also because it can be administered through various routes. As we all know, the absorption efficiency and degradation of various drugs in the gastrointestinal tract They are all different.
The amount of some drugs that are actually absorbed into the blood after oral administration is less than 30%, which greatly limits the use of drugs. In this regard, amoxicillin can be said to be far ahead. The amount absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract is oral. More than 90% of the amount, so amoxicillin can be eaten, can be suspended in water, can also be made into granules to drink, easy to use, has become a common reserve medicine for many families.
Amoxicillin is used for “anti-inflammatory”?
Although amoxicillin is good, in fact, common infections are not only caused by bacteria, but also viruses or fungi. Bacteria also include aerobes and anaerobes.
Amoxicillin, as a “penicillin” antibacterial drug, can only kill a part of the bacteria, but is helpless against fungi and viruses.
In the face of anaerobic bacteria, amoxicillin becomes “fighting five slags” in seconds, and its effect is very weak. For example, gingivitis and periodontitis are generally caused by anaerobic bacteria in the oral cavity, so amoxicillin cannot be selected.
For fungal infections of the skin and mucous membranes, amoxicillin can’t help either.
Infections caused by various types of viruses, such as herpes zoster, common cold, flu, and norovirus infections, cannot be dealt with by amoxicillin.
If the above situation occurs, it is necessary to use amoxicillin, not only does not cure the disease, but also makes some originally sensitive colonic bacteria appear resistant. When these bacteria are infected again, amoxicillin will not work.
Once again, amoxicillin is definitely not a cure for all diseases, and should not be abused!
Although amoxicillin is a safe and effective drug, it also has many shortcomings, such as side effects and drug resistance. At the same time, it cannot be combined with multiple drugs. In particular, the following points should be paid attention to.
1. Disabled for those allergic to penicillin
2. May cause white blood cell and thrombocytopenia, use with caution in patients with blood diseases
3. People with a history of allergic diseases such as asthma, eczema, hay fever, urticaria; patients with herpes virus infection, especially patients with infectious mononucleosis (which can increase the risk of skin adverse reactions); should be used with caution
4. Pregnant and lactating women and children under 3 months should be used with caution. After the application of pregnant women in the third trimester, the concentration of bound estrogen in the plasma can be reduced, but it has no effect on free estrogen and progesterone. This product can be excreted through milk, and the baby can be sensitized by the nursing mother after using this product.
5. When amoxicillin is used in combination with contraceptives, it can interfere with the enterohepatic circulation of contraceptives, thereby reducing its efficacy.
6. Allopurine inhibitors of uric acid synthesis can increase the risk of adverse skin reactions to amoxicillin.
7. Even if the penicillin skin test is negative, allergies cannot be completely avoided.
What other “universal anti-inflammatory drugs” are misunderstood?
Levofloxacin (trade name: Colabitol, Lifoxin, Lixin, etc.) is also regarded as a universal anti-inflammatory drug.
These drugs can deal with more bacteria and are widely used in clinical practice. They seem to be “high-strength martial arts”, but they are not omnipotent.
Each “anti-inflammatory drug” has its shortcomings. For example, levofloxacin can affect the cartilage development of adolescents. The instructions clearly stipulate that oral or intravenous levofloxacin (and other quinolone drugs such as moxifloxacin, etc.) cannot be used in children under 18 years of age. Or teenagers.
If the parents really use it for the child, it may cause abnormal bone development of the child, affect the height and affect the bone health.
In the complex field of anti-inflammatory and anti-infection, you must not use “anti-inflammatory drugs” casually!
(source:internet, reference only)