- Why are vegetarians more likely to suffer from depression than meat eaters?
- Small wireless device implanted between skin and skull helps kill cancer cells
- Will the mRNA vaccine that can cure cancer come out near soon?
- Allogeneic T-cell therapy set for landmark first approval
- Boston University denies that the new COVID strain they made has 80% fatality rate
- A new generation of virus-free CAR-T cell therapy
Gout Patients should reduce acidic and low-purine foods!
Gout Patients should reduce acidic and low-purine foods! The diet of patients with gout should promote low-purine foods, limit moderate-purine foods, and avoid high-purine foods.
1. The diet of patients with gout should promote low-purine foods, restrict moderate-purine foods, and avoid high-purine foods.
Primary hyperuricemia and gout are closely related to diet, and eating can directly affect blood uric acid levels. When alcohol drinkers consume high-purine, high-protein foods, they will cause rapid fluctuations in blood uric acid levels, often leading to acute attacks of gout.
For a long time, a high-purine diet has been considered an important cause of acute gout attacks. A high-value purine diet, especially a diet rich in animal purines (such as seafood, beef, pork, lamb, animal offal, thick soup, etc.), can increase the number of acute attacks of gout patients by 5 times.
When an acute gout attack occurs, diet should be strictly controlled to avoid prolonged attack time and aggravation of the disease. Even in the chronic phase and remission phase, dietary factors should also avoid acute attacks of gouty arthritis.
Foods rich in fructose such as sugar-containing soft drinks, as another important inducement of acute gout attacks, have attracted increasing attention. Some studies have shown that drinking fructose-rich beverages, such as sugar soda and orange juice, can increase women’s blood uric acid concentration and increase the risk of gout.
2. Quit drinking alcohol
The impact of alcohol on gout may be more serious than diet, especially beer and liquor. Alcohol can also cause acute attacks of gout.
Because alcohol metabolism increases the concentration of lactic acid in the blood, lactic acid, like other organic acids, also inhibits the secretion of uric acid in the renal tubules and reduces its excretion. In addition, long-term drinking can also lead to excessive nucleic acid conversion, increased urate production, and decreased excretion, leading to hyperuricemia and gout.
3. Reduce the intake of acidic foods.
Since the alkaline environment in the body is conducive to the dissolution and discharge of urate crystals, you should eat more alkaline foods and less acidic foods.
Acidic food refers to food that produces a large amount of sulfate, phosphate, and chloride ions after being metabolized.
What are the acidic foods?
- Strongly acidic foods include egg yolks, cheese, sugar snacks, persimmons, mullet roe, bonito, etc.;
- Acidic foods include ham, bacon, chicken, pork, eel, beef, bread, wheat, butter, horse meat, etc.;
- Weakly acidic foods include white rice, peanuts, beer, wine, fried tofu, seaweed, octopus, and loach.
I would like to remind everyone that even if the diet of gout patients is strictly controlled, as mentioned above, taking the above-mentioned evasive dietary measures can reduce the blood uric acid level, but only about 1mg/dl. What’s more, 80% of uric acid in the body is produced endogenously (metabolically), while only 20% of uric acid ingested by exogenous food. Primary gout has a certain relationship with diet, but it is not the real cause of gout.
If we really want gout to leave us, it is not enough to rely on taboos. It is also impractical to consume uric acid-lowering drugs for a long time—compared to this, the huge side effects of this drug are not inferior, and it is enough to make people shudder. Western medicine cannot repair the damaged uric acid metabolism system and restore it to normal. Western medicine for lowering uric acid to treat gout is only a temporary treatment, and it has a certain tolerance, and the long-term effect is not good.
(source:internet, reference only)