- Probiotics may promote tumor progression?
- Taiwan Professor: Big data confirms that the COVID-19 vaccine is ineffective
- Why are the majority of Monkeypox infected people who have sex with men (MSM)?
- Experimental treatment improves skin cancer survival by 25%
- People who get flu vaccine are 40% less likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease
- Depriving women of the right to abortion is a setback for medical health and society
Can gout patients eat meat and seafood?
Can gout patients eat meat and seafood? What should gout patients pay attention to when eating meat? Which vegetable is best to eat?
Gout is crystal arthropathy caused by monosodium urate deposition. Hyperuricemia caused by disorders of purine metabolism and decreased uric acid excretion.
Gout is crystal arthropathy caused by monosodium urate deposition.
It is directly related to hyperuricemia caused by purine metabolism disorder and decreased uric acid excretion, and belongs to the category of metabolic rheumatism.
Gout can be combined with kidney disease, and in severe cases, joint damage and renal function damage can occur.
Often accompanied by:
5. Coronary heart disease, etc.
General principles of non-pharmacological treatment:
1. Diet control
2. Reduce alcohol consumption
3. Reduce weight
4. Control diseases related to gout
5. Control risk factors related to gout
such as hyperlipidemia, hypertension, hyperglycemia, obesity, smoking.
Diet recommendations for patients with gout:
One alcohol unit = 12% red wine 145ml
=3.5% beer 497ml
=43ml of 40% distilled liquor
=14g pure alcohol.
What should gout patients pay attention to when drinking?
1. Alcohol can increase blood uric acid and induce gout attacks.
2. Beer: Increases the risk of gout attacks.
3. Spirits: white wine, foreign wine, rice wine can also increase the onset of gout.
4. Whether moderate drinking of red wine increases gout attacks is now controversial.
What should gout patients pay attention to when eating meat?
Animal foods include animal offal and red meat: pork, beef, and mutton.
Some seafood: Kewei shrimp, scallops, river crab, yellow croaker, grass carp, sardines, anchovies.
Animal foods, thick soups, and hot pot significantly increase blood uric acid, which should be avoided by gout patients.
Meat is divided into:
Red meat: pork, beef and lamb. Excessive intake will increase blood uric acid and increase the risk of cardiovascular disease.
White meat: chicken, duck, goose, etc.: blood uric acid levels will not increase significantly.
It is recommended that patients with gout can reduce the intake of red meat and increase the intake of white meat appropriately.
What should gout patients pay attention to when eating vegetables?
Plant foods include:
1. Kelp, seaweed, seaweed
2. Mushroom drying: mushroom drying, grain mushroom drying, hericium mushroom drying, fungus drying
3. Beans: soybeans, mung beans, yuba, dried tofu
4. Some fresh vegetables: celery, spinach, broccoli, etc.
Fresh vegetables, soybeans, soy milk, tofu and other fresh soy products will not increase blood uric acid and can be eaten by gout patients.
What should gout patients pay attention to when eating seafood?
Patients with gout should limit their intake of purine-rich seafood.
Seafood with medium or low purine content can be eaten in moderation, such as Japanese eel, Ankang meat, Botan shrimp, red king crab, sea cucumber, and squid.
What should gout patients pay attention to when drinking water?
- The daily water consumption of gout patients is maintained at more than 2000ml.
- Can drink water, tea, and unsweetened coffee.
- Do not drink sugary drinks, fruit juices, thick soups.
- Full-fat, low-fat, skimmed milk and yogurt will not increase blood uric acid and can be consumed by patients with gout.
- Drink low-fat, skimmed milk or yogurt to reduce liposuction.
What should gout patients pay attention to when eating fruits?
Patients with gout can eat green plums, cucumbers, watermelons, coconut water, grapes, strawberries, cherries, pineapples, peaches, plums, olives and other fruits.
Try not to eat apples, figs, oranges, grapefruits, lychees, persimmons, longans, bananas, bayberry, pomegranates and other fruits with high sugar content.
(source:internet, reference only)