- Will CAR-NK Cancer Therapy Surpass High-Cost CAR-T Immunotherapy?
- What is the role of Platelet Dynamics in Cancer Progression?
- Biomarkers can detect rapid aging of organs and disease risks
- Avoiding “Off-Target” Effects: Researchers Enhance the Safety of Future mRNA Therapies
- Japan: Sales Halted for ‘Cannabis Gummies’ as Health Issues Mount
- Evaluation of the carcinogenicity of organic fluorine compounds raised by WHO subsidiary
Are high or low cholesterol harmful?
Are high or low cholesterol harmful? I regret to know it too late!
For predicting whether this person will have cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, the standard of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol is not a fixed value. It is up to the doctor to judge when it is high and when it is low, instead of rushing to a conclusion. .
Sterol is not a harmful substance, but a kind of “building material” for constructing human cells. It is an important substance indispensable for animal tissue cells. Every kilogram of body weight contains 2 grams of cholesterol. Cholesterol is the raw material for the synthesis of bile acids, vitamins and steroid hormones, but its high or low content in the body will cause certain damage to the body.
Different people have different indicators of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol
The main routine indicators for detecting blood lipids are total cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol and triglycerides. Generally, low-density lipoprotein cholesterol should be controlled within 130mg/dl; above 130mg/dl is high, below 130mg/dl is low, and for patients with cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, the index should not exceed 70mg/dl.
Low-density lipoprotein cholesterol is the main product of human blood lipid metabolism, accounting for more than 60% of the total composition of blood lipids. Therefore, the increase of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol is often more harmful to blood vessel health. Whether the cholesterol is too high should be judged according to the risk of the patient’s cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases. At the same time, it should be assessed in combination with age, smoking history, diabetes, and blood pressure. For predicting whether this person will have cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, the standard of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol is not a fixed value. It is up to the doctor to judge when it is high and when it is low, instead of rushing to a conclusion. .
When low-density lipoprotein cholesterol is high, what method should be adopted to control it?
1. Strictly control the intake of cholesterol content foods, while appropriately reducing the intake of sweets.
2. Eat healthier foods. Fiber can lower total cholesterol by 5%~26%. Fiber is especially important for breakfast. Try to eat whole wheat or whole grains: whole grains contain more fiber and nutrients.
3. Increase exercise appropriately. Insist on 30 to 60 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise every day, at least 5 days a week. Those who need to lose weight should continue to increase their weekly exercise time.
4. Eat less animal fat and offal, and eat more low-fat and low-cholesterol foods.
5. Control other risk factors. For patients who smoke, quitting smoking helps reduce cardiovascular risk. Drinkers drinking moderately can significantly increase the high-density lipoprotein in serum and reduce the level of low-density lipoprotein.
What should be done when low-density lipoprotein cholesterol is low?
1. The daily diet should choose high-protein, high-calorie foods, such as dairy products, animal protein, eggs, meat, fish, soy products, fresh fruits and vegetables.
2. Pay attention to liver disease. Abnormal liver metabolism and synthetic disorders can cause low indicators. Therefore, patients with fatty liver or liver disease should pay attention to timely examination and treatment.
3. It should be noted that elderly patients with arteriosclerotic diseases will have low levels after medication. If there are no obvious symptoms of malnutrition, they generally do not need to be treated deliberately.
(source:internet, reference only)