- Global Surge in Mycoplasma Pneumoniae Infections Sparks Expert Warnings
- Discovery of New Targets for Treating Cancer and Age-Related Diseases
- Why Blood Sugar Levels Increase in Winter?
- Zepbound: Eli Lilly new weight-loss drug 20% cheaper than Wegovy
- US$300K: Compensation Granted as Woman Dies Following COVID-19 Vaccination
- Gut Bacteria Enhance Cancer Immunotherapy: Study Reveals Potential Role of Lactobacillus reuteri
2020 World Top 100 Medical Devices List: Johnson & Johnson ranks No.1
2020 World Top 100 Medical Devices List: Johnson & Johnson ranks No.1. On March 24th, Greenlight Guru released a list of the top 100 medical device companies in the world.
On March 24th, Greenlight Guru released a list of the top 100 medical device companies in the world.
1. The top three are: Johnson & Johnson, Novartis and Abbott, Johnson & Johnson is the well-deserved number one
- Total revenue: US$82.06 billion
- Market value: $368.91 billion
- R&D expenditure: $11.4 billion
- Number of employees: 132,200
Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson was founded in 1886 as a medical device, pharmaceutical and consumer product packaging company. The company is headquartered in New Brunswick, New Jersey, operates 250 subsidiaries in 60 countries, and sells products in 175 countries. It is also the world’s largest independent biotechnology company by market value.
- Total revenue: $49.49 billion
- Market value: US$199.09 billion
- R&D expenditure: $8.1 billion
- Number of employees: 103941
Novartis International is a Swiss multinational pharmaceutical company headquartered in Basel, Switzerland. In terms of market value and sales, it is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies, and in terms of revenue, it is the third largest company in Switzerland. Several departments of the company design, manufacture, and sell medical devices for a wide range of applications, but the company’s most famous may be its Alcon Vision, which focuses on eye care products and disposables for cataracts, glaucoma and refractive surgery. Vision correction products.
- Total revenue: $30.6 billion
- Market value: $143.91 billion
- Research and development expenditure: $2.3 billion
- Number of employees: 103,000
Abbott Laboratories is an American healthcare company headquartered in Abbott Park, Illinois. This large company operates in seven industrial divisions-Abbott Diabetes Care, Abbott Diagnostics, Abbott Molecular Diagnostics, Abbott Nutrition International, Abbott Point of Care, Abbott Vascular, and the established pharmaceutical division. As a truly global company, Abbott does business in more than 150 countries around the world.
2. The real medical device giants focus on R&D, and the ratio of R&D to revenue is high.
Johnson & Johnson’s R&D expenditure reached 11.4 billion US dollars, reaching 13.9% of total revenue, and other multinational companies are basically above 10%. The current R&D ratio in China is about 5%.
(source:internet, reference only)