- Why are vegetarians more likely to suffer from depression than meat eaters?
- Small wireless device implanted between skin and skull helps kill cancer cells
- Will the mRNA vaccine that can cure cancer come out near soon?
- Allogeneic T-cell therapy set for landmark first approval
- Boston University denies that the new COVID strain they made has 80% fatality rate
- A new generation of virus-free CAR-T cell therapy
UK: Lambda mutant strain may not become a major epidemic mutant strain like Delta variant
UK: Lambda mutant strain may become a major epidemic mutant strain like Delta variant. On August 6, 2021, a set of data released by Public Health England (PHE) is very important. The data points out:
1. Two doses of vaccination have 79% protection against symptomatic infections (VE) caused by Delta and 96% against hospitalization.
2. Once a delta breakthrough infection occurs after vaccination, the viral load of the breakthrough infection is equivalent to that of the non-vaccinated person, which is consistent with the results of the Singapore study. The Singapore study pointed out that the viral load of vaccinators decreased faster.
3. GISAID data points out that Lambda mutant strains (Peruvian mutant strain C.37, G75V/T76I/Δ246-252/L452Q/F490S/D614G/T859N) are gradually decreasing, and Lambda mutant strains may not compete with Delta to become the main epidemic mutant strain. .
Previous News about Lambda variant:
More dangerous COVID-19 variant: Lambda has widely spread
More dangerous COVID-19 variant: Lambda has widely spread. The most dangerous mutant strain Lambda appeared? Infectiousness and immune resistance have been strengthened at the same time, and it has been widely spread in dozens of countries
Since its first outbreak at the end of 2019, the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) is still raging around the world. As of August 3, 2021, it has infected more than 200 million people worldwide and killed more than 4.25 million.
With the large-scale epidemic of the new coronavirus, new virus mutant strains continue to appear, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, etc., some of which have stronger infection ability or stronger immune escape ability, so they have been approved by the World Health Organization ( WHO) is listed as a key concern……………….
(source:internet, reference only)