- What is Chronic immunotoxicity of immune checkpoint inhibitors?
- This anti-aging medicine has gone astray: Chronic inflammation leads to a decrease in NAD+
- FDA Approved Treatment Funded by Ice Bucket Challenge Donors
- Similar to HIV: Another deadly monkey virus may spread to humans
- 2022 Nobel Prize Winner Paper: The risk of severe COVID-19 is inherited from Neanderthals
- Breakthrough method ‘starves’ highly lethal cancer tumors and eradicates them
Crisis: Fauci called on the US police officers to be COVID-19 vaccinated
- New breakthrough in CAR-T cell therapy: Lupus erythematosus patients achieved treatment-free remission for up to 17 months
- Is the new COVID Omicron variant BA.4.6 more contagious?
- How long can the patient live after heart stent surgery?
- First time: Systemic multi-organ recovery after death
- Where do the bacteria in the human gut come from?
Crisis: Fauci called on the US police officers to be COVID-19 vaccinated.
Overseas Network, October 19, since the outbreak of the epidemic, the COVID-19 pneumonia has become the leading cause of death in the United States police, far exceeding other causes of death such as shootings. Despite this, there are still many American police officers who are unwilling to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
According to a report by the Washington Post on the 18th, Anthony Fauci, the Chief Medical Adviser of the White House, called on the US police to be vaccinated, and said that it is “meaningless” to resist, because the number of police deaths due to the COVID-19 is more dead than other factors. .
According to the report, law enforcement officers are considered to be at higher risk because they will come into contact with more people when performing their tasks. Fauci urged Americans engaged in such critical tasks to consider the “impact of not being vaccinated,” he added, “I am not used to telling people what they should do under normal conditions, but we are not under normal conditions now.”
The US government previously announced the vaccination order, but some police unions in the US refused to implement it. Such disputes have caused the US police department to face an infection crisis. Since the beginning of the epidemic, hundreds of American police officers have died of COVID-19.
According to data from the United States Police Officers’ Memorial Page (ODMP), which tracks the death toll of active police officers in the United States, the disease caused by the COVID-19 virus is the main cause of death in the US police in 2020 and 2021; at the same time, the number of police officers who died of COVID-19 pneumonia is the death 5 times more than the shooting.
Some police unions and police personnel in the United States are currently filing a lawsuit to block the authorization of the vaccine enforcement order. The head of the Chicago Police Union urged the police not to comply with the regulations. The city’s deadline for reporting vaccination status is October 15.
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot said that starting this week, police officers who do not comply with the regulations will be in “Unpaid leave” status. According to local media reports, the local police department is preparing for a possible shortage of personnel by restricting the vacation time of other police officers.
Crisis? Fauci called on the US police officers to be COVID-19 vaccinated
(source:internet, reference only)