- What is Chronic immunotoxicity of immune checkpoint inhibitors?
- This anti-aging medicine has gone astray: Chronic inflammation leads to a decrease in NAD+
- FDA Approved Treatment Funded by Ice Bucket Challenge Donors
- Similar to HIV: Another deadly monkey virus may spread to humans
- 2022 Nobel Prize Winner Paper: The risk of severe COVID-19 is inherited from Neanderthals
- Breakthrough method ‘starves’ highly lethal cancer tumors and eradicates them
- New breakthrough in CAR-T cell therapy: Lupus erythematosus patients achieved treatment-free remission for up to 17 months
- Is the new COVID Omicron variant BA.4.6 more contagious?
- How long can the patient live after heart stent surgery?
- First time: Systemic multi-organ recovery after death
- Where do the bacteria in the human gut come from?
Fauci: Hospitalization rate of people with fully vaccinated is on the rise.
On November 18 electric According to the US National Broadcasting Company (NBC) reported on the 18th, Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said that in the United States, the hospitalization rate of people who are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 is currently on the rise, and most of them have not received the booster shot.
On the 17th local time, Fauci mentioned the above phenomenon in an interview with US media, and said that although this type of group does not account for the vast majority of COVID-19 diagnoses, it is also a relatively large proportion.
Rochelle Varensky, director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said that the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccine has declined among the elderly and those who live in nursing facilities for a long time.
Most of them were in the last year (2020). Year) COVID-19 vaccine vaccinated in winter. “Currently, people who have not been vaccinated are still at the highest risk of infection, but we have also found that even though elderly people 65 and older are fully vaccinated, the hospitalization rate has increased.”
According to data from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the number of hospitalizations in the United States for the past 7 days is about 5,300 people per day, and about 1,000 people die from the COVID-19 virus in a single day.
It is not clear how many of them are “breakthrough cases”, that is, patients who have been infected after being fully vaccinated with the COVID-19 vaccine.
Fauci: Hospitalization rate of people with fully vaccinated is on the rise
(source:internet, reference only)