- Why are vegetarians more likely to suffer from depression than meat eaters?
- Small wireless device implanted between skin and skull helps kill cancer cells
- Will the mRNA vaccine that can cure cancer come out near soon?
- Allogeneic T-cell therapy set for landmark first approval
- Boston University denies that the new COVID strain they made has 80% fatality rate
- A new generation of virus-free CAR-T cell therapy
Chile updated Kexing (SINOVAC) COVID-19 vaccine protection effect data
Chile updates Kexing (SINOVAC) COVID-19 vaccine protection effect data. The Chilean Ministry of Health updated on the 17th the protective effect of the Chinese Kexing COVID-19 vaccine in the country’s “real world study”: the vaccine prevents symptoms 14 days after the second dose.
1. The effective rate for preventing symptomatic infections is 65.3% (data for April: 67%)
2. The effective rate of avoiding hospitalization is 87% (data from April: 85%)
3. The effective rate of avoiding entering the intensive care unit is 90.3% (data from April: 89%)
4. The effective rate of avoiding death is 86% (data from April: 80%)
This is the scene of the press conference of the Ministry of Health of Chile taken at the Presidential Palace in Santiago, Chile on May 17. Issued by Xinhua News Agency (Photo courtesy of the Chilean Ministry of Health)
“Real-world research” is different from traditional randomized controlled trials. It refers to obtaining evidence of the value and potential benefits or risks of medical products by collecting data related to patients in the real world environment.
The Chilean Ministry of Health consultant Alaus, who led the study, said that after months of follow-up, the data accumulated so far is “reliable and positive”, proving that despite the epidemic of the new coronavirus variant, the Kexing vaccine is still good. Protection effect. He said that as time goes by, the assessment of the protective effect of Kexing’s COVID-19 vaccine will become more and more accurate and closer to the real situation. It is reported that the Chilean Ministry of Health will also update relevant data monthly.
On May 17, at a press conference held at the Presidential Palace in Santiago, Chile, Chilean Ministry of Health consultant Aras announced the protective effect of the updated Chinese CKexing COVID-19 vaccine in the country’s “real world research”. Issued by Xinhua News Agency (Photo courtesy of the Chilean Ministry of Health)
The Deputy Minister of Health of Chile Dassa said that the data released by this study once again proves the importance of universal vaccination, and the vaccine used in Chile is effective in preventing symptomatic infections, reducing hospital admissions and preventing deaths caused by COVID-19 infections.
Chile launched a nationwide large-scale vaccination of the COVID-19 vaccine on February 3. As of the 16th of this month, the total number of vaccinations in Chile was 16.57 million, of which more than 80% were China’s Kexing COVID-19 vaccine.
On April 16 this year, the Chilean Ministry of Health announced for the first time the protective effect of the Kexing vaccine in the country’s “real world research”. The first published data shows that the vaccine has an effective rate of 67% in preventing symptomatic infections 14 days after the second dose, 85% in preventing hospitalization, and 89% in preventing entry into the intensive care unit, preventing infections The effective rate of death was 80%.
(source:internet, reference only)