- New DNA Repair Approach Successfully Repairs Pathogenic Gene Mutations in Patients’ Kidney Cells
- Why does moderate starvation during sickness can enhance the activity of immune cells?
- WHO experts agree on new name for monkeypox virus variant
- How terrible is the newly discovered “Langya virus” in China?
- ‘Most Expensive Drug’ Zolgensma facing new challenge after Two Children Died
- Hair loss and sexual dysfunction added to list of symptoms of long-COVID along with fatigue and brain fog
Metal fragments: Calcium supplements have been urgently recalled
- A highly infectious disease that has been extinct for more than 40 years has appeared in New York
- How long can the patient live after heart stent surgery?
- First time: Systemic multi-organ recovery after death
- Omicron new variant BA.2.75 has stronger infectivity than BA.4 and BA.5?
- Taiwan death from COVID-19 vaccination exceeds death from COVID-19
- The world top 5 best-selling drugs in 2020
Metal fragments: Calcium supplements have been urgently recalled. There may be metal fragments!
Some well-known stores in Canada, such as Home Depot, Costco and Walmart, are reporting several new recalls. Health Canada has issued a warning, which may affect tens of thousands of consumers!
The Costco recall involves GSK Consumer Healthcare ULC’s recall of two batches of TUMS assorted berry tablets, packaged in a 750 mg bottle (batch 7B3G) and packaged in 3 rolls, each containing 8 tablets (batch CS6M) because these tablets “may contain metal fragments ,” According to Health Canada.
The recall warns that the product is an antacid used to treat stomach acid and is suitable for adults, including pregnant women.
“The company reported to Health Canada that it has received complaints from consumers about small metal wire fragments embedded in food. Eating metal fragments poses a potential risk of choking or injury (such as cuts or tears in the mouth and digestive system). ),” said Health Canada.
These products will be sold by Canadian stores and online retailers between October 2020 and January 2021. 100 tablets in a 750 mg bottle are sold separately and sold at Costco as a family of four bottles with two different flavors.
Health Canada is monitoring the company’s recall.
“Stop using the recalled products,” Health Canada said. “If you have taken the recalled product and have a health problem, please consult your healthcare provider.”
DESCRIPTION: 750 mg bottle of 100 tablets, sold individually and as part of Costco club packs or in packages of 3 rolls containing 8 tablets each
NATIONAL PRODUCER NUMBER (NPN): 01967932
LOT NUMBERS: 7B3G and CS6M
The products were sold in Canadian stores and available online between October 2020 and January 2021.
The 750 mg bottles of 100 tablets were sold individually and sold at Costco as part of a club pack of four bottles and available in two different flavours.
“Health Canada is monitoring the company’s recall. If additional safety information is identified, Health Canada will take appropriate action and inform Canadians as needed,” said the health agency.
Consumers can contact GSK Consumer Healthcare’s recall partner, Sedgwick, by calling 1-866-469-6524 or emailing [email protected] if you have questions about the recall.
Consumers can report any health product-related side effects or complaints to Health Canada.
(source:internet, reference only)