- FDA Approves Expanded Injectable Treatment Formula for Smallpox-Monkeypox
- UK and Netherlands follow Belgium to implement “monkeypox quarantine”
- European EMA removes about 100 generic drugs
- EU approves AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine as booster shot
- First injection of cancer-killing oncolytic virus into human patient
- First monkeypox quarantine order: Belgium requires to self-isolate for 21 days
An Australian hospital erroneously notified more than 400 “positive” patients with COVID-19 as “negative”
- Unexplained acute hepatitis in children may be related to COVID superantigens
- How long can the patient live after heart stent surgery?
- Keytruda: The 5-year survival rate for advanced lung cancer doubled!
- Amylyx released the latest statistical analysis of new ALS drugs after being opposed by FDA panel last month
- Celine Dion is paralyzed due to muscle cramps: What are Muscle Cramps?
- Taiwan death from COVID-19 vaccination exceeds death from COVID-19
- The world top 5 best-selling drugs in 2020
An Australian hospital erroneously notified more than 400 “positive” patients with COVID-19 as “negative”.
According to “Russia Today” (RT) news, a hospital in Sydney, NSW, Australia, announced on the 26th that more than 400 patients who had undergone nucleic acid testing at their hospital on Christmas Eve had previously received a “negative” notice by mistake. All of their test results were “positive”.
(Screenshot of RT report)
According to the report, the party named St. Vincent’s Hospital stated that it had arranged a “special emergency response team” to deal with this “Oolong Incident” and is currently contacting patients affected by this and investigating the cause of the incident. According to the report, a statement showed that it is currently considered “human error.”
The report specifically talked about one of the affected patients, saying that he received a false “negative” result on Christmas Day, but he said he was uncomfortable and believed that “the COVID-19 test (result) must be wrong”, but he Of doctors make them believe the test results, not their own feelings.
According to the report, the patient told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), and then he felt that his condition had deteriorated, so he went to the hospital by himself. After another COVID-19 test, the result was “positive” and he was finally admitted to the hospital.
(Screenshot of Australian media reports at St. Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney)
At present, the situation of the COVID-19 epidemic in Australia is severe, and the number of new confirmed cases in a single day in many states has also set new highs many times, including NSW.
According to reports, on December 26, local time, the Department of Health of New South Wales, Australia, reported that in the past 24 hours, there were 6,394 newly confirmed cases of COVID-19 pneumonia in the state.
This is the day when the state has the largest number of confirmed cases in a single day since the emergence of the COVID-19 epidemic, and many of the confirmed cases were infected with the Omicron strain.
In addition, the increasingly serious epidemic has also affected the travel of Australians during the Christmas period.
It is reported that a spokesperson for Sydney Airport in Australia previously stated that due to the huge pressure on airline staff due to the COVID-19 epidemic prevention requirements, more than 80 domestic flights of all Australian airlines were forced to cancel on Christmas Eve.
(source:internet, reference only)