- FDA Approves Expanded Injectable Treatment Formula for Smallpox-Monkeypox
- UK and Netherlands follow Belgium to implement “monkeypox quarantine”
- European EMA removes about 100 generic drugs
- EU approves AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine as booster shot
- First injection of cancer-killing oncolytic virus into human patient
- First monkeypox quarantine order: Belgium requires to self-isolate for 21 days
The symptoms of patients with advanced liver cancer
- Unexplained acute hepatitis in children may be related to COVID superantigens
- How long can the patient live after heart stent surgery?
- Keytruda: The 5-year survival rate for advanced lung cancer doubled!
- Amylyx released the latest statistical analysis of new ALS drugs after being opposed by FDA panel last month
- Celine Dion is paralyzed due to muscle cramps: What are Muscle Cramps?
- Taiwan death from COVID-19 vaccination exceeds death from COVID-19
- The world top 5 best-selling drugs in 2020
The symptoms of patients with advanced liver cancer.
What are the symptoms of advanced liver cancer? The liver is an important organ of the human body.
It has the functions of removing toxins from the body, storing glycogen, secreting protein synthesis, and also participating in immunity and blood coagulation. It can be seen that it is a very important organ with multiple functions.
What are the symptoms of advanced liver cancer?
Another characteristic of the liver is silence. Even if the liver is damaged and liver cells are destroyed, it will not show any signs in the initial stage. With the passage of time, if the damaged liver is not discovered by people, it will gradually be damaged, and it will not be repaired over time, and it will also evolve into liver cancer.
This means that many patients with liver cancer have advanced liver cancer as soon as they are discovered. Then, what are the manifestations of patients with advanced liver cancer? Today, let’s take a look at the symptoms of patients with advanced liver cancer?
1. Weight loss and fatigue
When liver cells are damaged, the digestive capacity of the liver will decrease, and the patient will show some symptoms of the digestive tract, such as lack of appetite, indigestion, full upper abdomen after a meal, and over time, the patient will become thin and fatigued. The reason for this situation is that the decline in liver function leads to the metabolism of nutrients and toxins, and the decline in absorption function will manifest itself as malnutrition, weight loss, and serious cachexia.
2. Pain in the liver area
Pain in the liver area is a symptom that many patients with advanced liver cancer will have. It is manifested as severe pain in the right upper abdomen, and the pain is reduced when lying on the left side. When the tumor gradually grows, the tension of the liver lining increases, so the patient will feel pain when the small fibers are pulled. This is also a common manifestation of symptoms in patients with advanced liver cancer.
3. Symptoms of the digestive tract
Many patients with advanced liver cancer will also show gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea, belching, and diarrhea. Diarrhea is also a common symptom of liver cancer, with a high incidence, which can easily be mistaken for chronic enteritis. In addition, portal hypertension and bowel disorders caused by portal vein or hepatic vein tumor thrombus can also cause abdominal distension and increased stool frequency.
Disorders of bilirubin metabolism caused by abnormal liver function can cause yellowing of the skin and mucous membranes of the whole body, such as yellow eyes, yellow urine, and dark skin. If you find that your body color is abnormal and yellow, you must be alert for liver problems.
5. Bleeding gums, congestion under the skin
Because most patients with liver cancer have liver cirrhosis, liver function is impaired, blood clotting factor secretion is reduced, and blood clotting is dysfunctional, the human body will appear as gums and congestion after bumps. Patients may also present with digestive tract, such as melena or hematemesis.
The above are the common symptoms of patients with advanced liver cancer. Unfortunately, if liver cancer patients are diagnosed with advanced liver cancer for the first time, the five-year survival rate is low, and the quality of life of the patients will be poor. After discovery, they should still be actively treated to control the disease and improve their lives. quality.
In addition, for cancer, early detection and treatment should be carried out, regular physical examinations, and early detection of cancer is the most reliable way. For patients with chronic hepatitis, fatty liver, and cirrhosis for a long time, alpha-fetoprotein and B-ultrasound should be performed on a regular basis to find the disease as soon as possible.
(source:internet, reference only)