- FDA: Investigation into Multistate Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Jif Peanut Butter
- ABBV-951: AbbVie submits new drug application for Parkinson’s disease
- Alert: Monkeypox belongs to the same genus of Orthopoxvirus as smallpox
- New study finds new coronavirus long-term hiding in intestine and feces
- New breakthrough: This collagen can make tumor cells go dormant!
- Lilly’s blockbuster new hair loss drug is expected to be launched this year
Israel released real-world research data of COVID-19 booster shot
- Unexplained acute hepatitis in children may be related to COVID superantigens
- How long can the patient live after heart stent surgery?
- Keytruda: The 5-year survival rate for advanced lung cancer doubled!
- Amylyx released the latest statistical analysis of new ALS drugs after being opposed by FDA panel last month
- Celine Dion is paralyzed due to muscle cramps: What are Muscle Cramps?
- Taiwan death from COVID-19 vaccination exceeds death from COVID-19
- The world top 5 best-selling drugs in 2020
Israel released real-world research data of COVID-19 booster shot.
On October 29, 2021, the Clalit Research Institute of Israel and the Ministry of Health published a blockbuster study on Lancet, reporting the real-world protection of more than 720,000 people inoculated with the third dose of BNT162b2.
The study evaluated the protective power of 7 days after the third dose of 728,321 and compared it with people who received only two doses of 728,321, all of whom received the second dose for more than 5 months.
Prevent an infection
The study showed that compared with subjects who received only 2 doses of vaccine, the third dose group had 88% protection against asymptomatic infections and 91% protection against symptomatic infections.
Prevention of severe illness and death
Compared with subjects who completed only 2 doses of vaccination, BNT162b2 booster vaccination had a 93% protection against hospitalization, 92% protection against critical illness, and 81% protection against death.
Real-world research in Israel shows that compared with standard vaccination, booster shots can significantly reduce the risk of infection, serious illness, and death.
The situation has changed in the United Kingdom, which has been slow to use booster needles, the United States, which partially uses booster needles, and Israel, which has fully used booster needles. As shown in 👇:
(Changes in new cases in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Israel)
As a global testing center for COVID-19, Israel took the unknown risk to overcome the obstacles of the global anti-epidemic countermeasures. The result is that the case fatality rate (0.61%) is much lower than that of the United Kingdom (1.56%) and the United States (1.62%).
This real-world protection data, together with Pfizer’s phase 3 clinical trial protection data, can be used as complete data on the effectiveness of the third dose of vaccination.
(source:internet, reference only)