- COVID-19 infection increases risk of a range of neurological diseases,
- Cancer patients eating ice cream can reduce this side effect of chemotherapy
- Gut microbes may become a new therapy for depression and anxiety
- The risk of Alzheimer’s disease increases by 50-80% within a year after COVID-19 infection
- Hong Kong will launch monkeypox vaccination for high-risk groups in October
- Ebola (Sudan strain) outbreak in Uganda
Sao Paulo State Brazil: China Kexing COVID-19 vaccine is effective
Sao Paulo State Brazil: China Kexing COVID-19 vaccine is effective. Xinhua News Agency, Sao Paulo, December 23 (Reporter Gong Ruohan) The State Government of Sao Paulo, Brazil, and the Butantin Institute held a press conference on the 23rd to announce the effectiveness of the Kerlaf COVID-19 vaccine developed by Beijing Kexing Zhongwei Biotechnology Co., Ltd.
Dimas Covas, director of the Butantin Institute, said: “We received the effectiveness data of the vaccine trial yesterday. The effectiveness of the vaccine exceeded the minimum required to apply for emergency use in Brazil and China. We are very excited.
For the Brazilian scientific community, this is a historic day and a day that brings hope to the Brazilian people. “He expects that further analysis of the test results will be completed in 15 days.
The phase III clinical trials of the COVID-19 vaccine of Kerrlive are launched in Brazil, Indonesia, Turkey and Chile. The Sao Paulo State Government and the Butantin Institute stated that due to the need for further analysis of clinical trial data, specific effectiveness data is not yet available.
The Sao Paulo State Government stated that it plans to start the Kerlaiford COVID-19 vaccination in Sao Paulo State on January 25, 2021. The state government also confirmed that it will receive a batch of 5.5 million doses of Kellyph Covid-19 vaccine from China on the 24th of this month. In addition, two batches of vaccines will be received on the 28th and 30th of this month.