- ‘Most Expensive Drug’ Zolgensma facing new challenge after Two Children Died
- Hair loss and sexual dysfunction added to list of symptoms of long-COVID along with fatigue and brain fog
- Merck diabetes drug Sitagliptin was hit by carcinogenic impurities
- CDC relaxes and reiterates its COVID-19 guidance
- How does NOVAVAX solve the dilemma when COVID-19 vaccine sales plummeted by 90%?
- Scientists develop new antibiotic molecule that kills several superbugs
First death was reported after receiving Taiwan-made COVID-19 vaccine
- Israel new drug for COVID-19: EXO-CD24 can reduce deaths by 50%
- COVID-19 vaccines for children under 12 will be available soon
- Breakthrough infection of Delta: No difference from regular COVID-19 cases
- French research: ADE occurred in Delta variant and many doubts on it
- The viral load of Delta variant is 1260 times the original COVID-19 strain
First death was reported after receiving Taiwan-made COVID-19 vaccine. A Malaysian writer from Taiwan dies after being vaccinated with Taiwan-made COVID-19 vaccine.
The Midgen vaccine produced in Taiwan was officially launched on August 23, and it was reported that the vaccinated person died the next day.
According to reports, the deceased was a 56-year-old Malaysian writer surnamed Lu. He was given a Medigen vaccine on the 23rd. On the morning of the 24th, his family members found that he had no breathing or heartbeat. He was still declared dead after being sent to the hospital for emergency treatment. Whether the cause of death was related to the vaccine remains to be investigated. . Family members said that he has a history of hypertension, but no other physical diseases.
In this regard, Taoyuan City Information Director Zhan Heshun said that after the city government received the information in the morning, the Health Bureau has notified the epidemic command center in accordance with the procedures, and the city government will also assist the family in dealing with follow-up related matters. As for whether the illness of the writer surnamed Lu is related to vaccination, it still needs to be explained by the command center.
According to Taiwan media reports , the deceased was named Lu Zhijun, a Malaysian national, and he was 56 years old. Lu Zhijun also posted on Facebook yesterday morning that his family of three went to Taoyuan Dayuan International High School to get Medigen vaccines, and said that he was honored to get Medigen vaccines in the same batch with Taiwanese leader Tsai Ing-wen. Lu Zhijun also shouted in his Facebook message, saying that scientifically proven, Medigen vaccines are the most effective and safest.
According to Taiwan media’s previous introduction, Medigen vaccines are developed by Medigen companies in Taiwan, and so far only Phase II clinical trials have been completed. It is uncertain when the Phase III trials will be completed.
(source:internet, reference only)